No(r)way!
Dear humans,
As promised I am going to start a new blog after my transfer in Trondheim, Norway. In case you do not remember, I have been living the past 14 months in Reno, Nevada. The change was quite brutal: switching from the one-day-of-rain-per-year, the desert, the guns, the land of freedom, the super sizes to the Norwegian culture will take some time.
So far I'm shocked. I will make a clear example that reflects how the things are going here.
On the 14th of November, the day I landed in Trondheim airport, on the way home I noticed a bike dropped on the ground nearby my house. Well, guess what. After 11 days the bike still there. Nobody took it. Insane right!? People here are extremely honest. They follow the rules (as an Italian, this is unbelievable), can you imagine that?
I spent these past 10 days of quarantine training "both the body and the mind", as I like to say. The last period I did not have time to study or keep up with a lot of topics, this time is essential.
The city is amazing. This past year I missed Europe so much! The architecture, the streets, the lights at night, the food! OMG the food. Don't get me wrong: as a food-lover, I will never criticize any food in the whole world, and OK, Norway is not really famous for it but maaan if the fish is good here! Side note: it's full of Italian restaurants (and Italians) in case I miss the Italian food (which is rare).
But there is a price. Actually a big one. Again, I will give an example and I think the picture here speaks itself.
The fjord is completely flat and goes all inside the city. But no kayak/rowing club. That's a shame! Maybe too cold? We'll see...
The objective function is to try to write at least once a month.
Peace and stay safe!


Dunque?
ReplyDeleteBel bel fora in yole!
ReplyDelete