September - October
Dear Diary,
I have to admit that lately I have written a lot, but with pen and paper. I found that writing with real tools has a more profound meaning. It almost feels like your feelings are leaving the body to through the ink, ready to be deposited there forever. It's a nice sensation, at the end of the writing session you can really feel lighter sometimes. I have a hole ritual: after the morning training session, while I cook stuff for lunch, I sit down, light up a candle and some incense, deep breath and let the pen flow. No judgements, no second thoughts. As they come, they are written down. And I have been doing this kind of self-therapy for more than 3 months now, I feel like I won't stop any time soon.I am also devouring books. Of any kind, but lately I am particularly interested in psychology and philosophy about everyday life problems. Modern-stoicism, for example, helped me a lot in this last period. Many researchers from all around the word agree on the fact that you need to sit down with your feelings, if you really want to work on yourself. There is no other way. You can run away from your problems, you can fill your days with an insane number of activities and try not to think about it. But they will come back to you, like a boomerang. And the more you keep stuff inside, the harder it will hit you whenever you are not ready. Or so they say.
Never mind the darkness, here's the summary of what happened in the past months!
Deadline mode ON
Never mind the darkness, here's the summary of what happened in the past months!
Deadline mode ON
As usual, we had a big deadline for a very important conference. Unfortunately this time the project was a little bit too complex to be finished in time. Considering also my current sentimental situation, I would say it is not a major issue, unless the constant feeling of "omg im not gonna make it" will persist in the future. But I would say I learned a lot during the process so, despite the huge amount the stress and the 2kg lost, overall a good experience. (Yes, I always try to get the best out of every situation)
Luckily someone decided to throw away a considerable amount of cholate in the trash and as good dumpster diver as I am, I felt the urge to rescue the treasure and kindly share it with my lab mates. Needless to say, it didn't last longer than 3 weeks.
Bros!
That's right, those scoundrels of my sister and my brother came to visit. It was so nice! I took them around pretty much everywhere, Trondheim is not that big anyway. A nice walk in the woods, a fire on the lake, taking selfies etc. The basics. But it's incredible how every time we meet again, even after a very long time, we can reconnect almost instantly. There is no other bond equally strong. I mean it's genetics after all.
Cabin Trips
I don't really remember when was the last weekend I slept home to be honest. With all of these trips into the woods and travelling around the world. I should pause at some point and get my life back together. Maybe. Or maybe not.
Me and my bestie making waffles for 10 people out of a cast iron stove
Japan
Yep, I went to Kyoto for a conference! I could write an entire book about it, but I will keep it short and say: you must see it. So much culture, traditions, awesome food. People are awesome, weird, they sleep everywhere. I could upload 20 different pictures for 20 different crazy situation/facts that happened, but I will limit myself with just one, for everyone's benefit.
Aaaand that's pretty much it. I've been to Spain (again) also, but that's a hole story for another episode.
Peace!
Peace!






Last pic is the about the surgeon experience of course.
ReplyDelete