Dear Blog,
once again I find myself having to apologize for not keeping faith with the set schedule of writing one update per month. The fact is that you turn around for a second and 4 weeks have flown by!
As usual very busy days, especially weekends that are now full as hard boiled eggs. But let's try to proceed with some order.
Snø&Ski
March was the best month for skiing. A LOT of snow came down during this period and I got the chance to attempt very though challenges with a guy that turned out to be quite on the same page as me in terms of 'take the challenge or die trying' (D if you are reading this: "are you fit?")
We declared the ski season over with a nice 50Km (now I make it sound easy, but the last ~10k was just so painful) in which we got the full weather spectrum: sun, storm, snow storm and so on. That was fun. I don't think I have to mention that when I came back home I ate every single comestible thing I was able to find.
This is how I used to get to the tracks from my apartment. You don't need a car!
This is just me trying to get home safe.
The roof
Not really a major event, but my officemate and I have found a way to get to the roof! And trust me, after ~6 months of darkness, snow and ice there is nothing better than a coffee break with the perfect view of the city and chill in the spring sun.
Yep. That far in the background is the sea of the Trondheim Fjord.
Gammelgruva
We started testing our drones in an old mine 1h from here. The place is usually very packed with tourists from all over Norway, but thanks to corona we got essentially free access to the place. Perfect for testing our robots before going to Kentucky this September, for the final event of the DARPA SubT Challenge (go Team Cerberus!).
Ok, this will sound very strange to a lot of friends back in Italy. But here in Trondheim avoiding food waste is kinda thing. So one day I was chilling in the lunch room and this guy comes in with a huge bag of the best sweets and patisserie items you can imagine. He put the treasure on the table and declare "you can have it all, i got too much stuff from the trash". This opened me a world. From that day I think I went back to a grocery store just a couple of times. It is INSANE how much food we throw away, perfectly packed (INSANE amount of plastic) maybe just expired the day before. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Oh and by the way you can rent an electric cargo bike at the public library in the city center FOR FREE.
Kuhaugen
Last but not least, I found what is probably the best view of Trondheim. It's literally "the cow hill" and it takes only 15min to reach it. Once you get to the top, the landscape is simply breathtaking. I suggest to watch a sunset in this place at least once in your life.
And that's pretty much it! Like all the previous written memories I try to skip work stuff cause I always talk about my work all the time, this blog is a way for me also to be a little bit outside my everyday routing.
Until next time, ha det fint!
Peace.
Comments
Post a Comment