Juni - Juli

Dear blog,

here I am, once again, doing my best trying to report the collection of adventures, facts, events and awesome memories that happened during the past few months in this incredible country.
As usual a lot of stuff occurred and I apologize in advance if I do not remember exactly everything. Also as you may know I am getting older, so I have a good excuse not to remember all.

More Biking

The biking season is almost over in Trondheim, due to the fact that the weather is getting worse as per the time of writing. But these past two months I rode like never before in my life and it has been amazing! I got to see so many beautiful places. I started going after work since the sunset is around 3am (if any), but now days are getting shorter again. I do not really mind having these long periods of sun / dark but apparently it affects a lot of people here.






Back To Trieste

The 5th of September I will fly to the USA again for the DARPA SubT Challenge. So I need to be vaccinated by then to avoid 10 days quarantine on arrival. For this reason and to attend my sister's graduation of course I got the chance to come back to my hometown for a week or so. It was insanely  warm (remember I came from Trondheim, right below the Arctic Circle!) but I met a lot of old friends that I have not seen in a long time *touching moments* . And also my niece! She is so nice, growing faster than a mushroom after the rain. Is always nice to remember that after a lot of work you deserve a moment for chilling hard on the beach. 



Trip To Brekstad

Some weekend ago we took the express ferry to go on the other side of the fjord. I am always shocked about how easy it is to find amazing places nearby Trondheim with so little human touch in it. This little bay felt like we were at the Caribbeans! We also got a little bit of rain at the end of the day, but with the expert hands of O. and the newbie patience of N. we managed to catch a bunch of fishes. I brought a small grill and we found a way of covering it from the rain, so we were more than good I would say.




Trip To Oslo

Ok. I know a lot of people are going to disagree with this, but Oslo is so far one of the best cities I have ever been to. And I would lie if I would say that I have not been a round quite a lot. Oslo is one of these cities, like Copenhagen, human-based built and not, like many cities in Italy, car-based. Everything is built so that the pedestrian has easy access and can go around freely without worry too much about cars or public transport, either by walking or cycling. Is has a very intense night life, and I visited it in covid times! Can you imagine that!? Maybe it's because it's a version of Torino if it was on the sea, like a mix of Trieste and Torino, two cities that I really care about. Or maybe my local guide took me to the not-too-much touristic places, who knows. But anyway, if you get the chance, go visit Oslo!






Aaaaaaaand that's it for today's update folks.
Hope you are having the best summer of your life! And stay safe! Get the vaxine!

Peace.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

No(r)way!

September - October

November - December - January